FREE Contact Management software.
(in-depth EssentialPIM review to follow later)
- CRM Software
- Product Author
- Reviewed by
EPim Ltd., the developers of EssentialPIM, is a company which produces scheduling and organizer software for office and home use.
Their main product- EssentialPIM – is a complete scheduling solution aimed at home users and entrepreneurs. A wider line of business scheduling products are available, too, which aren’t free, but still excellent value for your money, providing you the security of an upgrade path as your business grows. EssentialPIM has attracted a happy group of loyal users over the years it has been in existence.
Their basic EPIM is completely free – no tricks, no adware/spyware, no expiration date etc. They also offer the Essential PIM Portable Edition and Essential PIM Network Edition.
EPIM basically serves you as a Scheduler, Contact Manager, Outliner and more.
Contact Manager (Contacts Module)
- Most fields being pre-setup, adding a new field to contact is a snap
- Complete import/export from and to Windows Address Book and CSV
- Powerful and fast search and sort feature
- Adjustable views for comfortable on-screen representation
- All data can be password-protected and the database file encrypted using high industry standard Rijndael, 128 bit key
- Versatile import/export abilities. Data can be exported to HTML, RTF, CSV, and TXT. Complete import from MS Outlook/Outlook Express is available
- Multilingual interface- now in English, Italian, Spanish, Greek, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Norwegian, Russian, Dutch, Danish, French
- System tray minimizing- configurable activation hotkey
Scheduler (Tasks module):
- Colorful, easy to read day/week/month shedules
- Completion, priority, category properties for each task
- Integrated import from MS Outlook/Outlook Express
- Full drag and drop support (fast rescheduling using mouse)
- Compact to-do list for smaller tasks
- Easy printout by days, weeks or months and export into HTML
Outliner (Notes module):
- Tree-like multilevel structure, unlimited number of folders and notes
- Insert pictures, tables, any formatted text (fonts, subscripts/superscripts, colored text background, multilevel bullets and numbering,
- Unicode, background images)
- Fast search for any note
- Import from MS Outlook
- Powerful printout and save feature (save or print all, selected or single note(s))
- Clickable hyperlinks in any document
- Windows 95/98/NT/2000(3)/Me/XP
- 32MB of RAM or more
- 10 MB of free hard drive space
Please tell us of your experiences, good or bad, with EssentialPIM or the company.
September 8th, 2014