Best Mobile CRM Solutions For Your Samsung, Blackberry, iPhone, Tablets, PDA & other Handheld Devices
Are you a rep “in the field”? Do you need ready access to real-time, business critical company data while you are with a client, or while prepping yourself in the sales prospects car park? You know the client is going to ask you the status of his order, or his customer service query, or the specs on the latest gizmo of yours. And you know that having access to up-to-date info gives you a marketing edge over your rivals: no more having to say “Sorry, I’ll have to get back to you on that”.
As The Boss, you realize that using smartphones, cellphones or handheld devices like tablets can eliminate the purchase and use of expensive laptops for your sales reps. So you can reduce hardware costs, your sales cycles and improve productivity and sales lead management while you are about it.
Mobile phones, along with other mobile devices such as the tablet, have become integral in both our personal and professional lives, especially for those on the move. Businesses of all sizes seeking competitive advantage have realized the importance of mobile devices. Recent years have seen a significant boost in adoption of mobile devices as a tool for enhancing business productivity, simply put their benefits are hard to ignore.
Gartner predicts a continued and exceptional growth rate of 500% by 2014 for Mobile CRM, presenting a gold mine of opportunities from the CRM vendor’s perspective. To capitalize, vendors will have to pay more attention to usability and user experience and less to lip service, after looking at some of the CRM-to-Mobile integrations currently out there.
What are the features to consider in a mobile CRM solution?
Businesses seeking a truly mobile workforce must provide its workers the right mobile CRM, a set of extensive tools that is flexible and provide seamless integration. While today’s mobile CRM solutions work on smartphones and tablets powered by Android, BlackBerry, iOS and Windows, one can’t assume that what works well on computers will work equally well on mobile devices. Mobile devices also offer unique capabilities that may not be available in a standard computer, for example GPS data. It is imperative that the user experience be optimized for the specific use case scenarios.
Almost every leading CRM is now accessible over mobile devices, however the levels of integration varies between products, and differences sometimes lie even in the apps from the same vendor when they target device-specific features.
10 important points which will help in making informed decision.
- Device support. The mobile CRM should be fully functional and be able to deliver significant productivity benefits to help manage business anytime from anywhere, across the range of devices your company uses.
- Ease of deployment and use. From a technological viewpoint, some mobile CRM applications require no installation at all. Based on newer techniques of responsive design and HTML5, they can be accessed from any device on any browser. However, there are others that have native apps for various platforms, providing device specific features. Important to note Gartner’s prediction on increased adoption of HTML5.
- Boost productivity. It goes without saying the mobile CRM should offer features that enhance personal and sales productivity, capable of allowing you to manage customer details, notes, opportunities, tasks and appointment scheduling. Fast navigation inside the application is also desirable. Equally important is the automatic rather than manual logging of calls and emails.
- Social support. As social sales features are becoming increasingly important, the mobile CRM should allow reps to navigate through the customer’s social feed to gain insight and be able to determine if customer needs attention.
- Working modes. The mobile CRM should provide persistent and instant access to data even in cases of no internet connectivity. In such a feature the application may cache the data when offline and then should be able automatically synchronize with the remote CRM server when connectivity is restored.
- Security. Security is of utmost concern as your company data is at stake. Mobile devices go missing, so there’s a need for device management tools to be able to lock the mobile CRM or, if required, be able to erase the data from the application. A complete audit trail of the mobile should be maintained including location coordinates.
- Image capture. It should be possible for users can to capture, attach, share pictures, documents, video, and voice recordings to the related CRM records.
- Workflow notifications. The mobile CRM should be able to notify users of important events in such a way the notifications are never missed.
- Search and retrieval. Records should be indexed such that users can search rapidly by simply typing the first few characters of the record. Advanced searches should be able to quickly drill down into the database.
- Analytics. Users should be able filter and review charts, graphs on sales pipeline, sales cycle analytics, activity effort etc.
- Read our latest in-depth article on the choosing the best Mobile CRM for your small business..
- Care to share what mobile CRM solutions work (or don’t) for you?
Here are some of the top-rated mobile CRMs with brief description to help you choose the one that suits the needs of your business. Most of the listed ones are free, however an account is required for App usage.
To find out more about what kind of CRM best suits your business, we suggest you try our CRM Finder. Part I will identify what type of CRM you should consider; Part II will make actual recommendations. Go to our CRM Needs Analysis here…
Highly Recommended Daylite is a native iPhone and iPad app that syncs with your Mac so you can keep working even without Internet. See your appointments, calls, and to-dos from the Home Screen. Capture, tag, and filter your contacts to quickly find what you need. View a timeline of calls, notes and emails for each client. Track business opportunities with visual pipelines. Check off tasks. Create tasks on the fly and set reminders. Assign tasks to other team members back at the office. Daylite syncs with all your Apple devices so you and your team are up to date– whenever, wherever.
Highly Recommended. amoCRM offers full-featured mobile CRM for android, iphone and tablet. Access lead and contact profiles—complete with event feed, tasks, and one-tap call, email, and chat. It also comes equipped with caller ID, a business card scanner and keeps you on task with to-do notifications.
Highly Recommended Capsule launched their mobile application in April, 2011. This powerful app runs on iPhone, Android phones and BlackBerry. A local database is created when you logon to your account via mobile for the first time and everything including contacts, task list, activities etc. is synchronized. The mobile version has some very useful features, one of them being that when you type the name of a contact in Notes/Description, the application automatically suggests a link to the contact. You can also use Water, a powerful 3rd party iPhone app, to access your Capsule contacts, opportunities, cases, and tasks. A recent feature added to Capsule mobile gives you the ability to manage your calendar and tasks from the app itself, rather than just view them.
Highly Recommended WORK[etc]’s native CRM apps for Android and iPhone allow you to work with greater flexibility, providing the tools needed to manage your business on the go.The WORK[etc] mobile app allows you to manage, make changes to, and create new items across your CRM projects and billing, direct from your smart phone. This includes functionality for contacts, calendars, timesheets, to-do’s, projects, support, sales leads, expenses, and even G Suite, with emphasis on an easy-to-use and intuitive design.
Highly Recommended RapidFunnel takes the old-fashioned CRM to a whole new level! This super-easy to use, mobile-first App helps improve customer engagement and sales/employee productivity, while also delivering an incredibly clear vision of overall company activity. Available on iOS and Android across all devices and also on the web, this highly rated App functions like a “marketing agency in your smartphone”. RapidFunnel comes set up with your company colors and branding. All company resources (videos, product PDFs, coupons, training materials etc.) are loaded and available to send instantly via email, text or on social – at the touch of a button. Intelligent analytics track prospect engagement and show your sales team who is most interested, for the easiest follow up ever. Get your whole workforce involved in growing the company! Use built-in Rewards and Gamification features to motivate, incentivize and reward your employees for sharing the company story and watch your ROI grow. People listen to people they respect and customers referred by a company advocate have a 37% higher retention rate. RapidFunnel is fun to use and turns everyone into an advocate for your business, allowing them to share professionally from anywhere they have a wifi connection!
Highly Recommended HaystackCRM is a mobile-first contact and opportunity management system for small to medium sized businesses. It is available to use as an iOS app, an Android app and as a web application. Because of the design of a truly mobile first app, it distinguishes itself as a business tool for professionals on the go. Most importantly, it was optimized for a phone—since small business owners are never off the clock, and you need access to it anywhere, anytime. The goal was to be able to fully manage customers and opportunities on a phone, with the team having access to information in real-time without a laptop required. HaystackCRM was created first, prior to the web interface, focusing on an intuitive workflow instead of the typical spreadsheet model of other CRMs. The app allows you to manage contacts, track opportunities, maintain calendars, manage email, generate leads, execute quotes, schedule events, and create custom catalogs. The contact listings show you the information you need at a glance and the full spectrum of opportunities, appointments and associated connections. Opportunities are accessible from the dashboard or within a contact; you can qualify an opportunity quickly with dropdown menus. Move right onto a quote from an opportunity and share with a client. Calendars used on your iPhone can be accessed on the iOS app. Emails are ingested into the app so you can keep track of your communication trail with a customer. No plug-in needed. Catalogs of items or services can be created and presented to prospects during meetings. HaystackCRM responds to the needs of the ever increasing mobile and sales work force, from independent small business owners to freelancers, with plans to bring tasks as a feature in the near future. Recently launched is a prospecting tool in the Who’s Near Me feature. A free version for single users up to a limit of 2500 records (contact, company, opportunity, or event count as a record) is offered. HaystackCRM is available for a paid subscription of $29 per user per month, with no annual contract required.
Highly Recommended A beta version of the mobile CRM that works on iPhone, Android and compatible with most mobile devices is available. With the help of this mobile CRM, reps who are on the move can quickly check the last few notes saved about that their client, they may even check client details. It is even possible to update tasks and executing sales action, however, while doing it would be required to create the next action as soon as the current action has been marked complete. The mobile version allows adding contacts, also accessible is the list of contacts and the action stream listing all actions to be taken. The mobile version has a very limited feature set. As this is the mobile version of the web based application, Internet connectivity is essential and there is no offline mode. There is no feature to access reports or charts or metrics of any kind.
If you have a product or service worth mentioning in Mobile CRM, please let us know..
1 of 2
September 8th, 2014